Thursday 17 June 2010

BACK


Do you know the feeling of coming back to something? You feel secure, reassured, in a place that is meant for you. This morning I travelled from Bergen in Western Norway, to eastern Norway, where I grew up and have spent all of my life until august last year. As soon as I stepped out of the aeroplane and saw the landscape around me, the feeling of being back seized me. 

Not a mountain in sight, only forests, fields, hills and lots and lots of sky, with a broad and slow river running through it all here and there, land in the sea in between rounded slopes of naked rock. This landscape is my landscape. I love Bergen and Western Norway, but this is where I'm from, and this is where I will once will be going back.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...